is located at the end of the south headland of
the canton of Graubünden. It is the last
village before Italy and Tirano.
The Campocologno power station was built in 1906.
Today it is part of the Rätia Energie which
managed the electricity production in Engadin,
Puschlav and Prättigau (see also "Die
Puschlaver Geisterbahn" Cavaglia).
All along the pressure pipeline a single track
incline cable railway was built to carry out the
The track slopes away sharply into the valley
and passes under the Bernina Railway and the main
The vertical profile of the track makes like a
concave elbow. This particularity of the profile
required the installation of a portico on which
are fixed some aerial rollers to prevent the cable
not to be too much raised up by the concavity
of the line.